Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 1 after surgery (10/15/09)

Doctor’s plan/ Goal for today:

  • Remove breathing tube by the end of the day.
  • Get out of bed.


Colleen’s plan/Goal for today:

  • Remove the breathing tube before noon (really First thing).
  • Be able to start to be alert and talk.
  • Get out of bed (not really colleens but I threw it in there)
  • To be pretty close to breathing without any oxygen help.
  • To continue being positive


Well I am happy to report Colleen accomplished all of the Goals.



She was able to do limited movement in bed, talk and give me commands all day. (Thank God I was beginning to be completely lost). Besides all these great things she got plenty of rest and once again impressed the doctors.


Currently she still has 5 Iv’s, 2 ‘lung drains” for lack of words to come out. She is still in a lot of pain (as you could imagine) and very thirsty because she is only allowed ice chips (SHE IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT).


Tomorrows Plan/Goal:

  • Take out 3 of the 5 Iv’s
  • Start the process of taken out “lung drains” which could be a few days.
  • Move from ICU to Surgical room.


I have told her about all the prayers and thoughts people have expressed to me. She smiled and said I love them all and aren’t they so great. So from the bottom of my heart I would like to thank all of you for the help in both prayers/thoughts and in keeping her spirits up.



Seeing it will now be little steps daily the BLOG probably will be a little shorter but the steps to Colleens recovery will be huge. I am so proud of all her hard work, which I have watched not only today but also throughout the whole process.

1 comment:

  1. This is all good! John and Colleen, keep up the good fight. We're all praying for your speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete