Saturday, October 24, 2009

5 days home

Well I've been home for five days.

There aren't many updates...
My body still looks like a cutting board; though slowly healing.
My breathing is still labored and shallow. I still am forced to sleep upright in our living room chair (with my Love only steps away on the couch - it really doesn't get any better than him!).
I can not move my upper body or arms certain ways, lift or carry anything. At this point it's still a lot of can not's, but with each day that passes, a gaping whole in my skin might get a millimeter smaller, or I am able to walk for a minute more.. these are things things that I have to keep my eyes on. More importantly, I have to keep in mind that the cancerous mass is no longer there and each cell that is created in my body is now healthy and strong. Of course I have not been back for this to be confirmed by the experts; but I know it to be true.

We go back for a follow-up on Thursday, where I will have a lot of questions as to how my recovery is progressing. I feel like I should be bouncing back quicker than I am (even though they told me 2 months before I'll be able to do anything)... I like specifics.
I'm not sure exactly what Thursday will entail, but I'm sure they will do blood work, seeing I have been on a few supplements that I was lacking post-op. I know at some point a scan of the area will be done - the results to this not yet scheduled scan is what I look forward to most.

No comments:

Post a Comment