Monday, April 29, 2013

4-29-13

Well, there's a reason that margaritas were necessary at the end of the day today...

One of my wisdom teeth broke, so I had to make a dentist appointment at the last minute; which resulted in a lot of wasted time/money, and an appointment for a consult with an oral surgeon for next week to set up another appointment to pull the tooth.

I also spoke with my oncologist this morning.  I am ineligible for the "pd1 trial", the researchers want to limit the patients on the trial to only a few specific cancers.  There aren't any other clinical trials that I can go on right now, but that could change weekly. 

As I mentioned in the previous post, Dr. H doesn't think that chemotherapy will help me any more at this point.  If I did decide to go on a chemo treatment it would be a long shot using a chemo that I've already had but administered in a different dosage/frequency.

I contacted the Cancer Treatment Centers of America (I'm sure you've seen the commercials for the resort looking hospitals); well, they do not have any experience with thymic carcinoma and do not take my health insurance.

I guess my next step will be to contact Dana Farber and see if they've come up with anything new since the last time I met with them and hope that another clinical trial that I'm eligible for comes about soon.

I don't know what our next step in this battle will be, but I am certainly not ready to give up this fight, and we will not stop searching until we find something, even if that means taking a long shot.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen,
    I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time! Your in my prayers and on my mind. I keep my fingers crossed that something new will arises soon. Love you Cuz!

    ReplyDelete