Thursday, April 18, 2013

4-18-13

Well today is my birthday, 23... oops, I mean 32 years old (must be dyslexic)! ;o)  I had a ct scan this past Saturday and was hoping to get great results as a birthday gift - I was no so lucky.

The scan showed a 36% total tumor mass increase since the baseline scan (this includes a few new tumors that have appeared).  This increase makes me ineligible to continue on the trial. Today I had "exit blood work and testing", I refused to sit around and wait for three hours until the echo cardiogram test on my birthday, so I will have to have that done on Tuesday afternoon.

I will call my original oncologist (Dr. H) to see what chemotherapy options I have left.  Meanwhile, the clinical trial team will send out a tumor biopsy (taken years ago) to see if I am eligible for "PD1 immune therapy"; there is only a one in four chance of me being eligible, but if accepted it has shown great results in other types of cancer.

UPCOMING APPTS:
Tuesday 4/23: Echo cardiogram & possible meeting w/Dr. H

2 comments: