The blog, I know I've been slacking.... It takes a lot of brain power to formulate words and press the little buttons with the letters to magically make them appear on your screen.
This treatment started off like a stay-cation (if the marketing industry has indeed coined this a term). Uncle John (Nyhan) and family pulled a lot of strings and were extremely generous to John Michael and myself the night before chemo. Thursday from work we headed into Boston, and hit zero traffic, to check in at the Holiday Inn, Brookline; where we were upgraded to a suite! The hotel has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, and a chess board where the pieces are the sizes of a three year old, if only I played chess! From there we changed into our Red Sox gear and headed to a fully paid dinner at Remy's Restaurant, if you have not checked this place out - get there! After dinner we headed to our behind home plate seats, to watch Lackey pitch a Red Sox win! Seeing the weather was perfect, and Boston had closed down streets due to the Celtics game also playing that night, we walked back to the hotel and watched the C's (sadly lose). The best part to all of this was sleeping in until 8:00am! By this time we would have already been on the road for an hour and a half. We checked out and took the 10 minute car ride to BI, and there we were faced with reality...
Blood work, Dr. Appointment, 3 stabs for the IV, 6 hours of chemo, and more than 2 hours of traffic on the way home. The day after chemo was surprisingly okay, I'm not sure how this happened but my bodily misery set in slowly; but unfortuantely it did set in. It was the normal awfulness, will I will spare you of repeating; although, I am past the week mark so they symptoms seem to have subsided, for the most part.
Upcoming Appts:
CT Scan: Saturday 7/3/10
Results/Chemo: Friday 7/9/10
No comments:
Post a Comment