UGH! How did I forget how awful this is?!
It is just about one week after my first, second round of chemo and I'm still miserable. I forgot just how miserable I felt after being a sick grouch for a straight week.
To compare Taxol to VP16 is fairly easy I suppose. VP=puking, Taxol = pain. Unpleasant either way. As with Round 1, the night (very early morning) after my chemo treatment I woke up feeling very nauseous, this was a continuous feeling for about three days, then subsided to waves of nausea, just to keep it interesting. Tired, foggy-brained, and blah are all "same story" symptoms, as I'll call them.
Pain... pain is not a symptom that I was expecting. When someone tells you that you might ache from the medicine, I'm thinking, okay maybe a sore muscle here or there - - NO! Pain, Taxol gives pain (just for clarification). Saturday I began getting very sore, but Sunday, I could hardly walk on my feet. Even to take a few steps was extremely painful, not to mention the numbness and tingling that occurs every so often. This pain, which for me has been mostly in my hips, legs with occasional back pain is still ongoing, I rely on advil or aleve to take the edge off (which only sometimes helps). As with the last time, at the 5/6 day mark, my throat and neck glands swell and are very tender, which includes my shoulders and the back of my neck.
To sum up.... I'm a mess. A miserable mess, that will hopefully come out of this post-chemo rut soon!
Tomorrow I will go for blood work; the result of my cbc will determine if I will have to receive the neulasta shot the day after my next chemo treatment.
Colleen, YOU are the toughest person I know. Keep fighting. You're in our thoughts everyday. I'm so glad my buddy married such an amazing woman.
ReplyDeleteKeith