Well Hello Everyone,
Today is Thursday, one week after my first day of chemo; this is also the first day that I feel human again! My stomach is still wishy washy, but overall I'm feeling 100% better!
I've been miserable, grumpy, very sick, exhausted and haven't really talked much to anyone (warning: this might be a reoccurring thing with every cycle). Thank you everyone for hanging in there with me though! Even on my most miserable days there was always someone that sent along an encouraging word and let me tell you, it makes a world of difference! Thank You!
I had a follow-up this morning with the doctors. Although it was a bit longer than anticipated (!!!) everything came back good! :o) My mom took me to this appointment where she got to meet my doctors/nurses and see where I get treated, which was nice. We always have an adventure! I'm not so sure how we got "misguided" after the appointment and ended up at the 99's and then the nail salon for pedicures, but it was WELL worth it!!! :o)
The next time I have to go in is for day #1 cycle #2, May 28th. It will be the same regiment as last time Thur (6 hrs, Cisplatin/vp-16), Fri (2 hrs, vp-16), Sat (2 hrs vp-16). Hopefully this time the IV placement will go smoother!
Today is Thursday, one week after my first day of chemo; this is also the first day that I feel human again! My stomach is still wishy washy, but overall I'm feeling 100% better!
I've been miserable, grumpy, very sick, exhausted and haven't really talked much to anyone (warning: this might be a reoccurring thing with every cycle). Thank you everyone for hanging in there with me though! Even on my most miserable days there was always someone that sent along an encouraging word and let me tell you, it makes a world of difference! Thank You!
I had a follow-up this morning with the doctors. Although it was a bit longer than anticipated (!!!) everything came back good! :o) My mom took me to this appointment where she got to meet my doctors/nurses and see where I get treated, which was nice. We always have an adventure! I'm not so sure how we got "misguided" after the appointment and ended up at the 99's and then the nail salon for pedicures, but it was WELL worth it!!! :o)
The next time I have to go in is for day #1 cycle #2, May 28th. It will be the same regiment as last time Thur (6 hrs, Cisplatin/vp-16), Fri (2 hrs, vp-16), Sat (2 hrs vp-16). Hopefully this time the IV placement will go smoother!
I am so proud of your positive attitude! we are all praying for you here!!! *hugs and Love*
ReplyDeleteDefinately some good looking toes. That fit right in with a good day.
ReplyDeleteHi Colleen,
ReplyDeleteWe have yet to meet in person, but I am one of John Michael's cousins. My parents, George and Elaine Pelletier, my husband Arthur, my girls Elizabeth and Lauren, and I are all praying for you. I love your blog...your writing is wonderful. You have a beautiful way of describing the medical craziness around you:) Arthur is actually a nurse at Tufts on a floor that does bone marrow transplants, so I am always asking him questions about the meds you list. We think of you often!
Charlene (Pelletier) St. Andre
Hello Colleen,
ReplyDeleteI wanted you to know I think about you and John all the time. You have an incredible attitude towards this whole thing and are truely an inspiration. My family and I pray for you often and you guys are in our thoughts. Miss you!
Tracey Pelletier