So after a 2 hour car ride to BI, waiting, having blood drawn, waiting, having my vitals taken, waiting, being brought back to a room, waited for the doctor - I am then told that I can't have chemo this week!! Frustrating!
Normally I would try to talk my doctors into doing it anyways; but my white count was only 800 and it needs to be 1500 in order to administer chemo. Which is too far off even for me to argue with.
White count = the number of infection fighting cells you have. Chemo knocks this number down making your immune system very weak, they would have thought my count would be back to a higher number by this time; they were wrong.
So now we wait. Dr. Huberman said that there's nothing I can do to bring the count up, that it should go up on its own and be fine for next week. We will re-try round 2 of chemo again next week (Thur. (6/4), Fri (6/5), Sat (6/6)).
On a different updating note; for those of you who haven't seen my ever changing hairstyle in the past week, it has become very thin and will be completely gone within the week I'm sure.
I am so sorry to hear about your hair, but at least it will be nice ant cool for the summer. Enjoy a week free of the pukes.
ReplyDelete