Thursday, October 17, 2013

10-17-13

Even though the results of the endoscopy biopsy were negative, I have continued to have severe pain, nausea, and vomiting over the past three weeks, it seems worse than it did before. I was expecting my time off from treatment to be an enjoyable one that would allow me to regain strength and momentum – this hasn’t been the case.

Yesterday we had an appointment with Dr. G to discuss the next treatment, which will be Alimpta. During labs my port would not give a blood return, which means that TPA has to be put into the line, left there for an hour and then withdrawn; hopefully this will occur prior to the ct scan that is scheduled for Saturday. I am having a ct scan on Saturday so that we have an accurate baseline prior to starting Alimpta next Thursday. Alimpta is said to be a well-tolerated drug, a week prior to beginning treatment I have to start a daily dose of folic acid and have a b12 shot once every three months (which I received yesterday along with my flu shot). I also have to take a decadron dose the day before, the day of, and the day after treatment. Alimpta is administered once every three weeks.

UPCOMING APPTS:
Sat. 10/19: TPA (hopefully)and CT Scan
Wed. 10/23: GI Appt at BI
Thur. 10/24: Labs/Appt/Treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment