Happy New Year!!
I'm sorry that it has taken me over a month to say that!
January started out great. I was having the normal, daily sickness symptoms that come along with this treatment, but they didn't seem as severe as they had been (or I just got used to dealing with them and treating them).
February on the other hand hasn't been so kind. On top of the original symptoms, I have been getting severe stomach pains that last hours or days at a time. The assumption is that the pains are being caused by the medication, but we can't be sure. My next CT Scan is 2/21. We considered doing the scan sooner because of the pains, but the risk with doing the scan too early is that the dose won't have the adequate time to show the full effects. If the tumors increase in size (a certain amount) I will no longer be eligible for treatment, so waiting until the 21st gives us the best chance to see what's going on and continue treatment. I believe that I will receive the results of the scan on 2/28, I will post again following the results.
UPCOMING APPTS:
2/7: Treatment
2/14: Treatment
2/21: Treatment & Scan
2/28: Treatment & Results
No comments:
Post a Comment