I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, I wish I could blame it on the holiday season, but I’ve been fighting one illness after another and just can’t seem to get the brain power or energy to do much of anything, and forgive me but this post is going to be rather short as well.
I arrived at BI yesterday ready to get great scan results, start the next cycle, and hopefully get some relief for this respiratory/fever thing that I’ve been fighting. I did get an antibiotic for the illness, even though it is thought to be viral, having a cold puts me at risk of getting something more severe, the antibiotics will reduce that risk. Treatment was held because of the cold and will begin next week assuming my white count is back up and I’m feeling better.
I had a ct scan this past Monday, December 17th. The scan showed growth in most of the tumors, but no new tumors have appeared. Even though there was growth, it wasn’t enough to eliminate me from the trial. The new cycle will begin next week and hopefully these next two cycles will be illness free and the trial dose will show success in the next scan.
On a happier note, the port infection is believed to be gone! Cultures were taken yesterday to be sure.
From our home to yours, we wish you the happiest of holidays!!
UPCOMING APPTS:
Thurs. 12/27: Trial Cycle 3, Day 1
Hi there Colleen..Just wanted u to know we r all thinking of u and praying real hard that these difficult days will soon b behind u..Hope u have a good Holiday..Merry christmas from our house to your house..Love and hugs ..the Winters fam and Auntie Jean oxoxox
ReplyDeleteColleen, You are in everyone's prayers, and you will fight till you kick this thing in the #$!, you have a great husband and a loving family so keep fitting it and smiling each day.
ReplyDeleteMay you have a blessed holiday!
Nick Branchina