This posting is for my husband... John Michael Pelletier, I love you, and you were right.
John and I spent last week at the beach, where he annoyingly, out of love, reminded me every half hour or so that I wasn't supposed to be in the sun, to which I annoyingly just rolled my eyes.
Aware that the doctors and nurses had warned me that being on chemotherapy makes you more sensitive to the sun, burning, and that overall it should be avoided, I lathered up and reapplied my SPF 110 everyday, and came out of it with a really nice tan I must say! The sun and I were best of friends until about midweek, when I began getting little bumps all over my arms, which I naturally thought were sand flea bites, or something just as gross; however, these bumps kept getting worse and spreading down my arms and hands as the days went on; even after we returned home from the beach. When I couldn't take the itching any longer I gave in and decided that it was time to call the professionals. My nurse asked all of the normal questions and declared that it was most likely a rash from too much sun exposure (insert John's smirk and raised eyebrows here). I am to keep her posted, use hydrocortisone, benadryl and that she would see me on Tuesday, assuming it didn't continue to worsen.
So yes, my wonderful husband, you were right; but I have the best tan that I've ever had, I soaked in all that vitamin D and the sun and I have made up and will hang out again soon, just perhaps in smaller doses.
Doxil is also giving me a run for my money with non-sun provoked side effects. I have blisters and skin rashes between my fingers and on my hands which I am using lotion for, and my mouth is swollen and full of mouth sores, for which I have been prescribed "Magic Mouthwash". Magic Mouthwash is a combination of benadryl, lidocaine and mylanta, it doesn't get rid of the cankers any faster, it just numbs your mouth (like when going to the dentist) and gives temporary relief. These are both side effects that I also had during the third week after the first treatment as well, it just wasn't as bad as this time. The increased side effects might cause a decrease in the next dose of doxil; but that will only be determined after my blood work and ct scan next week.
Enjoy the sun and be safe!
Happy Labor Day!! ☺
Upcoming Appts:
9/6: Ct Scan & Blood work
9/9: Chemo
I guess he does know somethings!! I would have done the same as you. Love Mum P
ReplyDeleteI can see Bruski smirking & raising his eyebrows too! :-)
ReplyDelete