This past Saturday morning I had a ct scan, and then spent the rest of the day sick from all of the highlighters I had to drink and have shot through me; but as I always say, if it allows them to get the clear picture they need, then it's worth it.
Well that clear picture of mine showed a slightly larger tumor in my liver and a couple of new tiny spots on my lung, all of the other tumors remained the same size. The new lung spots have not been identified as tumors, mainly because the medical profession never make a definitive statement. This growth was expected, but still disappointing.
We then discussed with Dr. H the plan of attack. I tend to ask a lot of questions and will spare you all of the details, you're just going to have to trust my medical decisions upon the plethora of information that I receive behind the scenes. :0) We were given the choice between three different types of chemo and when to begin the chosen therapy. The upcoming month of April is a busy one for us and I am determined to enjoy it poison-free! 4/2 John and I are getting a yellow lab puppy, who we named Bruski! 4/16 is John's 35th birthday, 4/18 is my 30th birthday, and 4/26 is our 3rd wedding anniversary! Therefore I will not allow this month to be contaminated with medical interruptions. Then will come May, reality, 5/7 we will go back for a ct scan, 5/10 we will meet with Dr. H and then shortly after that I will begin treatment again.
I will supply more details about which chemotherapy we've chosen after the May appointment; besides, if I tell you now then I'll have nothing to share with you in May!
Have a wonderful Easter!
What can we say but keep on believing, loving and have fun with the little pup. As always, Love Mum & Dad P
ReplyDeleteEnjoy April! Optimism makes you stronger!!! Can't wait to meet the new puppy! Love, The Fiore Gang
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, you guys are the best; Love You!!
ReplyDeleteA new puppy! How exciting :) My dogs keep me busy but I love them! I've been praying for you & staying positive. I know we don't get to talk much but know that you're always on my mind. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate!! I miss you & can't wait for you to come visit, you'll have to come meet Bruski while you're back! Love you
ReplyDeleteHi Colleen, we agree, go for that month of celebration! We are with you and John Michael all the way. We can't waith to see the new puppy! You know that you both are in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Nana and Auntie Sheila
Thank you Nana & Auntie, we miss you!
ReplyDelete