Saturday, October 2, 2010

# six & sick

Thank you again Mum & Dad P for putting us up in another wonderful Boston hotel (this time was the Onyx) and for dinner the night before chemo, it means so much to us and eases our stress by millions!! xoxo As always, thank you Uncle John Nyhan for organizing everything.

Even though I had my blood work done a couple days before chemo, it was necessary to recheck my counts before administering chemo - everything came out right where it needed to be - thank you neulasta!

The big surprise of the day was that my nurse wasn't in! She did however set us up with my second favorite nurse, but that poor thing was having a tough day on her own, so we ended up having 5 or so different nurses throughout the day. I am convinced that one of my pre-anti nausea meds were missed, or maybe thats me just looking for an excuse, because everytime I count the ones administered, they all seem to be accounted for; nonetheless, I say this because I was nauseous all day and throwing up ALL night. I am still very sick, but at least for now the vomiting has stopped. (knock on wood)

Dr. Hubby will again give me the neulasta shot to keep my counts up. The plan is to then get a CT Scan and figure it out from there, which will either be: go two more rounds of chemo, or give my body a break for a while, which we won't know until the 19th of Oct.

UPCOMING APPTS:
10/16: CT Scan
10/19: Results w/Dr. H

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, Keep fighting you are a strong chicken!!! Remember you have until the 6th for 30%!!!
    We Love you both.
    Mum& Dad P

    ReplyDelete