This is definately not a good faux, as in faux fur or crocodile accessories; this is annoyingly still being exhausted and sick after I've passed the one week mark after chemo. I suppose defining the word "sick" is necessary in this case. I am not sick because of the chemo; but I'm still trying to fight off the nasty sinus, and congestion thing I've had since before chemo, and although it seems to be getting better, the results of my blood work caused my doctors to put me on antibiotics anyways. I am on a Z-Pack for five days, beginning today.
The Dana Farber consult was uneventful. I failed to get the doctor copies of my scans so she hasn't been able to compare them or make her own accessment, I'm bringing them over to her on Monday. Dr. Gandhi did however have the results of the biopsy that DF had done concerning the genetic possibility of my thymic carcinoma; it was negative. The reason for the biospy was because there is a treatment out there that has shown positive results in people who have been positive for this crossing of genes; the good news is that it is now showing positive results in people who do not have this proven trait as well, meaning, it does still remain a possible treatment if the chemo I'm on stops working.
Thank you so much for everybody who became followers and made a comment on not only the last, but any of the postings! They really lift my spirits, not to mention that it's an odd concept writing and not knowing who is reading it, so keep the comments coming!
Upcoming Appts:
Monday, July 26: Dr. Critchlow appointment
Monday, August 2: Port Day Surgery
Friday, August 6: Chemo
Hope your feeling better. Your always thought about and prayers everyday are said that you will be back to a healthy normal life real soon. You are a strong, powerful fighter. You will be a survior and win this battle. Love from Mom and Dad and your family...
ReplyDeleteHi Colleen. You are in Fran's and my thoughts and prayers always. Sometimes John too. He may tell you I do not post much on FB so I don't here all too often.
ReplyDeleteBrian