Good news: The MRI is clean, meaning that there aren't any lesions in my brain. Using a combination of fentanyl patches (for pain) with zyprexa (for nausea)I've been able to keep food down the past four days or so.
Wednesday was my second dose of Alimta. The first time I received Alimta I received 500mg; however, that has been reduced to 375mg so that I can tolerate it - so far so good. After what I have been dealing with for the past two months or so, I don't have much to complain about. Symptoms from Alimta at this point are just a little nausea and sleepless nights (from the dexamethasone (steroid for nausea)) which I take the day before, day of, and day after treatment, so hopefully I will be able to get some rest tonight.
This past Wednesday we also met with a doctor who specializes in medications for treating pain and he mentioned a procedure called nerve blocking where they use a ct scan to sort of freeze the nerves that control the pain censors for the liver, which if successful could take the pain away for approximately two months - this is if it is the liver causing the pain and the procedure works; but for now, we're going to stick with the patches and zyprexa until we are assured that the Alimta is under control.
Assuming things go well my next set of appointments will be on Friday, December 6th, and my next blog post won't be until after that.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
We love you Colleen xoxo.. Great news :) Please call if there is anything you need or we can do!
ReplyDelete