Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VDay Results

Even though we are always greeted with a lot of love at our appointments, this Valentine's day appointment brought some disappointing news. The scan showed that one of the tumors in my liver had grown some; but, the others remained the same.

Dr. H saw his shadow! Just like with winter, we're going to have another six weeks... of Xeloda. Although there was growth to one tumor, it was only minimal, the tumors did shrink the scan before this one, and I'm handling this chemo well.

Here's hoping that the Xeloda kicks in and starts doing its' job, or we're going to have to come up with another treatment plan to keep this cancer from spreading.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day, and that you will have a terrific St. Patrick's Day!!

UPCOMING APPTS:
CT Scan: 3/24
Results: 3/27

5 comments:

  1. As always, thinking of you, praying for you and loving you!!! Keep up the fight!! - Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the best news but not the worse. Remember Nanna is still pulling for you. Hope you had a great dinner. Love Mum & Dad P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen,
    You are so strong... you will win this fight! Your family is praying for you everyday and constantly in our thoughts and prayers.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen and John-Mike... We are thinking of you both and praying often! I agree with my Aunt and Uncle... I've never known someone with so many wonderful and powerful angels pulling for them!! Stay strong! Love, Kristen, Rich and the kids xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen,
    Don and I and the girls continue to pray for you and hope that this medication will kick in and do its job.
    Love
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete