Sunday, November 15, 2009

Doc. appt Follow-up #2

Thursday's appointment went well. We had to be at B.I. for an echo cardiogram at 10am. The tech, assured me she wanted to get "the best pictures possible", which really meant beating me up while she complained about how physically demanding her job is. Does she realize her physical demands of pushing down on an ultra sound probe is separating my ribs so that she can see my heart only a few weeks after my breast bone has been split and I'm no longer taking pain medicine? Listening to her complain wasn't making this process any easier.

After the echo we made our way to the opposite side of East campus to meet with Dr. K (the surgeon) yes, the girl that is on oxygen and is having trouble breathing, lets send her from one side of East to the other. The appointment with Dr. K was fast (thank goodness!). He looked at the incision, and asked a few questions. John and I asked a few questions of our own which resulted in the positives of the day... I can sit in the front seat of the car again! and I no longer have to take iron or folic acid. As for the difficulty breathing we're just going to "assume that it's going to get better", I should still use the oxygen as needed and unless the fevers go over 101 he's not too worried. So once again it's a wait and see game; if things get a lot worse for me I have to call and go in to be seen.

Instead of going back for another visit in 2 weeks, I will have a phone appointment to check in with him. My next on site appointment will hopefully not be for a month.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, Colleen. Keep up the good fight! We check your blog daily at work. Everyone is rooting for your rapid recovery. Take one day at a time and don't rush to do things. We're here for you if you need anything.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete