On thursday, July 23rd I had my first radiation treatment and then my first day of round 4 chemo. Radiation went fine on Thursday, then we spent all day at BI; it was a very long day!
I woke up very sick on Friday morning, I spent most of the day yesterday throwing up; however, luckily I made it through radiation without moving (that could be disasterous, we don't want to burn the good cells). Today, Saturday, I'm still feeling pretty lowsy, we went back to BI for the last day of chemo for round 4 (no radiation on the weekends - hooray!). Luckily we have tomorrow off, then its back to radiation Monday thru Friday. In 11 days or so I have to have my white count checked to make sure my immune system is doing alright.
We believe that the sickness caused this round was because we eliminated the strongest (most expensive) anti-nausea drug because I had done so well switching the the Carbo-Platnium last time. Well we ended up going out and buying the Emend ($$$ anti-nausea med after all), so hopefully it kicks in and I feel better soon. Lesson learned, don't skimp out on the anti-nausea meds, they help!
No comments:
Post a Comment